Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Breaking Dawn: Part 1


I'm glad to see November go...it's been a long month. No more blogging daily for me!

Finally went to see "Breaking Dawn- Part 1" today. My husband doesn't have any interest in seeing it, & ultimately, the best time to go see it is on a weekday (when most of the masses of people are at work, not the mall) It was good, well as good as such things can be (most of the people reading this could probably care less about it). I'm not "in" to Harry Potter, I like Twilight much better. (but I don't fall into the fanatical stage about that either) There were approximently five people in the theater (all female, this is very much the "chick" series) all crying over their popcorn & salting their cokes with their tears. (a true sisterhood, as it were)

Without spoiling anything, between the wedding (beginning of the movie) and the emergency C-Section (end of the movie) it was really action-packed (deviating slightly from the book, to make more of a plot). Things got very, very graphic toward the end of the movie and one person went to the exit and just stood there, with their back to the movie. (for the rest of the movie, a good 20 minutes) I get that it was probably a little too much for them but if it were me, I'd go off and do something else, instead of just standing there. (what good is paying for a movie, if you're not watching it?) That was pretty odd. All I can say is, it wouldn't be the best of movies to watch if you had any sort of food aversions(or were in the first trimester of pregnancy). I've seen a real C-Section (and it wasn't nearly as bloody as the hack job in the movie),but it was still kind of disturbing seeing the effects on the heroine.(I would prefer NOT to end up as bad off as that) Probably not the greatest movie to watch when you're in the 3rd trimester either. At the end, I was getting ready to leave & the person up above my seat told me to stick around, there was one more scene after the credits. (which will lead to the next part)

The next two "parts" don't come out till a year/2 years from now...I've read the book already, so I know what happens but waiting is just too hard!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are so many blogs regarding the beauty of Breaking Dawn that I felt a little silly fixing my blogs attention on the same idea. Yet we discuss topics that seem to be quite different from anything I have seen on the web so that makes me feel better. I really think that anyone who has read the book should not be too shocked by the birth scene given the written detail. I keep reading about how disturbing the scene is but if one rereads the chapter in the book it is just as detailed if not more. Writing is a hobby of mine as it always has been and I really enjoy getting into the in-depth film discussions on character vs. actor development. Because I love to write and I require an entertainment provider that has the resources allowing me the movies and TV options necessary to give me an array of choices. I travel frequently for work so my research time is during my travels and that make it especially important to have the proper tools. This increase in travel is what prompted me to reassess my entertainment provider and do a comparison. Direct TV requires an online rebate application to get new customer promotions, which take 6-8 weeks. There are no extras for the basic package if that is all I can afford. Meaning no free HD for life, or an upgrade to a DVR should I need one. Nor would I receive premium movie channels once I am a customer as I found with Dish Network once a customer. This certainly would not work due to the type of writing I do, which is all based off movies and the actors surrounding them. Now I did find that with Dish Network I could get more programming and movie channels for far less money plus a free Sling Adapter free Sling Adapter free through a rebate to qualifying new and existing customers, which fits me as I travel a lot and need to bring my services with me. I ended up changing jobs and started working for Dish Network, still traveling a lot but understanding better how all this is possible. Now I am clear that whatever makes it easiest to work and enjoy my own hobby is what is necessary which brings happiness to my internet family and me. More recently, I became aware that as of October the Blockbuster Movie Pass was launched. Hello Live Streaming! Now I am clear that whatever makes it easiest to work and enjoy my own hobby is what is necessary which brings happiness to my internet family and me. This Twilight experience has even presented an inspiration for me to compose. I do not really mean the movies or Robert Pattinson, but the energy it has created and the world we live in right now. Hope is a beautiful thing; I will use the elements thrown at me to create something beautiful out of it. The fact that you are looking at actor development as well is awesome since I do the same thing and I get a lot of good discussions on my site for it.