Sunday, June 21, 2015

Surfing the Sugah Wave

The best part of Endo appointments is after they are over..and the next three weeks are squeaky clean,filled with promise and hope and resolve..a diabetes clean slate.

That day has come and gone for me.(almost a month into my current "journey.") In the meanwhile,all the promises I made (email CDE! Prebolus! Eat more green things! Do not stuff Twinkies into mouth at midnight and "forget" to bolus!) are a distant memory, I really suck at diabetes improv projects. But then I dropped a pump,& another threw 5 consecutive cartridge error alarms and had to be replaced and my blood sugars were a grand and unmitigated disaster and I needed a breath of fresh air so I dug out my Omnipod pdm,traded supplies for some pods,and gave it another go.

And these have largely been my blood sugars ever since. That's 24 hours where I might briefly go above the high line,versus a daily journey of 100-360 blood sugars. For the most part prebolusing isn't even necessary.(except breakfast) Every thing I do works. (Which is super weird) I think some of it might be 
from pod placement..using my arms because the other places have scar tissue from so much use and it's been good to have that fresh territory.

In the meantime,I had a repeat a1c done this week(diff doctor) and my a1c has dropped (!)0.6 points so it looks like it might be possible to make significant changes by next appointment.(in August)
I have enough pods to ride this wave to summers end and if I break the 7.0 barrier, I am going to talk to my Endo about another RX. I never thought I'd be doing this but right now,this is exactly what my body needs..a break from the rollar coaster. It's also helped immensely that I got the "Sugar Surfing"book and have tried to implement some of those suggestions.

I'm lovin' it. (Well,as much as that's possible.)

1 comment:

Anna Schafer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.