Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ode to My Diet Coke



















Nectar of the gods, I salute thee.

I take a swig
and am transported

far beyond the world of SWAG boluses and fingersticks

to a simpler moment
to a simpler time
when none of it mattered
and a Coke was a Coke, not a nutritional nightmare

diabetes-free
yet diabetes friendly

It is addicting
It is powerful
It is a force of nature
It hits my blood stream like a glass of Orange Juice on a 55 mg/dl, & I am revived.

oh fountain of carbonated goodness

pure
odorless
flowing
swirling
enchanting


immersing my taste buds in an explosion of delight

you come in Diet Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke,Cherry Coke Zero, Diet Cherry Coke, Vanilla Coke Zero, Diet Coke With Lime, Coca-Cola Zero, Diet Coke Plus, Sprite Zero, Fanta Orange Zero, Vault Zero, Diet Barqs, Fresca Citrus, Fresca Peach, Fresca Black Cherry,Minute Maid Light Lemonade, Minute Maid Light Raspberry, Minute Maid Light Orangeade, Minute Maid Light Cherry Lemonade,Diet Nestea Lemon Sweet, Diet Nestea White Tea Berry Honey

the crack for the crack-less
the energy for the sleep deprived
the icing for a non-existent cupcake

this I want, this I need, this I crave
(addicted much? umm, yes)

I will raise my glass, and drink, to you.

3 comments:

George said...

Glass Raised! HERE HERE!!

Scott S said...

Agreed; I have a Diet Coke machine in my house (catch Allison Blass' blog post on this topic at http://bit.ly/cJCzlC). Another glass raised and a toast!

Mike said...

I am writing to ask for your permission to include your posts on
Glucose Meter, a list of Diabetes bloggers, and include a link to your blog in our
directory. We would
include a link back to your blog fully crediting you for your work
along with a profile about you listed on Glucose Meter.
Please let us
know as soon as possible.

Mike@glucose-meter.net

Mike Thomas
Editor-in-Chief
Glucose-Meter.net