Monday, September 01, 2008

A Labor Day Wish

The past few weeks have been rather difficult, as I come to terms with something every bit as votile and twisted as diabetes is. But accentuating the positives is good for one's mental health, so I'll take a whack at it:
- No school(today)- I don't have to survive through it.
- I'm not in the hospital, ER, or doctor's office. And that's a good thing, I'm tired of all three places. Tomorrow may be another story, but that's tomorrow + I'm trying to focus on making today the best it can be.
-I have a great family,a wonderful husband,and a good life.Overall. I'm not in the path of Hurricane Gustav, having to flee for my life while the house/possessions get demolished.
The sun is shining, there is fall nip in the air, and it's the perfect holiday.

Today is my birthday,and I want to live life, not the other way around.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

meanderings said...

Best wishes on your birthday!

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

Those are all great positive thoughts!

And Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDYN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsEU-Vh372c

Love and hugs,
Ellen