Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Notes from a Spinning Planet: FFL Recap



It wasn't just for the kids. (though it was mainly for them)

Nor the celebs with type 1.

Nor the parents + siblings.

Nor the doctors/researchers/medical professionals.

Nor the renegades who didn't quite fit into any of the groups. This wasn't middle school(although some of the renegades did eventually meet/hang out, just like middle school)

It was bigger then that, we were there for what we had in common, not what we didn't.(how else could I think of topics of conversation (other then the weather) (cold turkey) if it weren't? I'm not much of a talker.

No, I happen to think it was for all of us...how you could go to a conference with over 3000 informed,passionate (for a cure) people and not be inspired would be beyond me. It's not just what you learn, it is the total experience. For me, just being there was motivation to keep going.

(and that's all for today,first day back home and I'm catching up on everything(including sleep)

No comments: