Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Not on the Agenda

Accidents shake me up.


Alot.

Something about that vehicle-to-vehicle contact, even if a "fender bender" can reduce some competant drivers to a total, complete, incompetent mess. All in the day of the life of a policeman, making peace between the two parties.

It's the Three-Way Battle of the Intersection at quitting time. I must be the only one concerned about (MY) right of way, but I'm not about to go head-to-head with the various(bigger) vehicles that are plowing their way through. Finally, I squeeze my way in, intent on making a quick right turn onto Main St.

When...
BAM. I'm rear-ended. The jolt leaves me shaky, not sure of myself or what the heck the person behind me is doing. Turn off into a side parking lot, go to the police station, exchange info.
Just scratches on the car..
The last accident I was in, was very traumatic (totalled car, partially totalled me) and it all came back today. I am a freakin' accident magnet.
(please pass the Ativan)

5 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Oh man Heidi! Scary indeed!

Glad to see that you are Ok!

Sarah said...

Accidents freak me out too. I completely understand.

Christine said...

Yikes! Glad to hear you are ok.

BTW, on the header, you can't do the picture background with the rounded corners.

Major Bedhead said...

Glad you and your car are both fine.

Minnesota Nice said...

Glad you're okay and did not suffer a whiplash.