Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Diabetes Art Day & other September Goodies

Why am I so excited about today? Because it's Diabetes Art Day!
(click to enlarge-the reason it's fuzziness is I combined photos) There is a border of "blood drops", a sea of test strips(with diet coke stepping stones)...and a syringe/tubing fishing pole.(along with various inspirational slogans)











(Ok,so that's not entirely true. Though I did have fun making this,and I look forward to seeing everyone else's artwork, the bulk of said excitement is due to the below photo)




















Happy Birthday to me!!!!(boy, have I had difficulty NOT ripping into it.. we picked it out on Sat,but because of my maturity/oldness I did not open it until today)Thanks to my awesome husband for getting me precisely what I wanted!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday To You!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!

Bernard Farrell said...

Happy Birthday Heidi, it was such fun finally meeting you at CWD earlier this year.

And I'm envious of your present. Have fun with it.

k2 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY D Art Day, & awesome gift - you deserve it!
kelly k

Cherise said...

Beautiful artwork!! The guy with his shirt up made me smile! Btw, the iPad rocks;)

Lee Ann Thill said...

That's a fabulous collage! I love that you used several cartoons. That really conveys how we very much need a sense of humor to make it through the day-to-day grind of managing diabetes. I also like how you arranged the test strips. You cut the ends off, I guess? I've been so annoyed with how they changed the color and have the brand all over them, but it's been good to see you and a few other people using the new design to your advantage in your artwork. Thank you so much for participating in Diabetes Art Day. it's been remarkable to see the range of art, the range of emotions, and how this community never ceases to amaze me with its cooperative energy.

And a much belated Happy Birthday! I hope it was joyous :)

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

Enjoy the iPad and happy birthday. I've been pleased with mine. :)