Friday, November 14, 2008

Diabetic '007

Dear Guardian Angel:

I really wasn't (intentionally) in training for the next James Bond movie. Honest. Flipping cars and acrobatic stuff just isn't me. The hill was wet, steep...and though I admit to traveling a bit too fast for the conditions by the time it registered that the car next to me had stopped(aka red light) it was too late to stop. Not without fishtailing and causing even more of a scene. So for 15 seconds I sped through the intersection, expecting the crunch of death at any minute.

None came. When it was safe, I pulled over and promptly hyperventilated. And though Gary Hall claims that adrenalin can send his bg up and over 100 points per 45 second race, the line on the Dexcom didn't change at first. Until about 35 minutes later, and it marched up about 50 points. And I wasn't low.(so I can't even blame that, I was just being very, very stupid)

But that's ok, because I'm still alive. A good World Diabetes Day, for sure. Thank you, Guardian Angel,I know I am a real handful at times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an eventful (and slightly funny) World Diabetes Day!