Monday, July 17, 2006

Summertime Survival Tips

Of course, its hot outside. Even hotter inside...
My brother and SIL tried to help. Came and put in an ac unit last night, in the bedroom. Last night was such a wonderful experience, it actually got COLD in there.
Not that the rest of the house has that problem. Closed all the windows, so the ac coldness wouldn't escape, but the coldness doesn't spread to the rest of the house.
I think my insulin has freakin' spoiled in my pump, its so hot.
(Blood Sugars of the day-337,236,186,418,218, 503.)
Chucked the bottle of insulin, doing a full change.

Kind of odd, because I'm more likely to go low in hot weather. The insulin has got to be bad.
Between the heat and the blood sugar, (fluidwise) I've polished off 5 cans of diet coke, several gallons of ice water, a glass of milk +8 ice pops today.(the last two didn't improve the bg situation but I just wanted something with calories) I feel like I'm about to be diagnosed with diabetes all over again! (hmm, maybe this time it will be type 2.. I'd be a double diabetic!)

No comments: