Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gift

I truly had no idea who was calling,as I uncerimoniously dumped my purchases on the floor of the store,and grabbed my iPhone,amid the hustle and bustle of the shoppers around me.

"Hello,Heidi.This is your instructor at XXXX."

Oh yeah,that course.The one I'd just finished,taking the final exam on the 9th. And the one that,oddly enough,I had absolutely no immeadiete desire to learn the outcome of.Because I know what my average was,going into the final.

"It turns out I made some mistakes calculating your final grade,you didn't get a C."

Long,long,long,lonnggg pause.

"Great," hoarse squeek from myself,envisioning D's and F's in it's place & how could this happen?I poured my guts into that final.

"So I'm changing it from a C to a B."

"WOW!" Stunned silence on my part.

"Like I said,I miscalculated.So I thought I'd call and let you know,the changes aren't up on the website.But they should be,by Monday."

"Thank you sooooo much!This is such awesome news,I really can't believe it."

"You're welcome.Have a nice weekend."

Click.

And that's one of the best gifts anyone can possibly give..the rebirth of a dream.B means I do not have to retake the course.B means I have 1 more course to finish,before I could get into nursing school.B means I am not a blathering idiot.

B means,see you next semester!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

meanderings said...

Great gift! Enjoy your joy!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Donna said...

Congratulations! I have a feeling you are going to be an awesome nurse.