Saturday, February 25, 2006

That's My Excuse, and I'm Sticking to it

Primary meter #1 has gone AWOL.


Image Preview

What happened? I've lost my meter before. I've never lost it at work, however. Last week I left it at work, at my work station.

The individuals on Night Shift are not savory,trustworthy characters.

When I returned the next morning, it was gone. No one turned it in.

I wasn't upset, I was just annoyed. The thing I miss most is my lancet device, which was a Freestyle alternate tester. I only had 5 test strips left, so no great loss there.

Then it came time to explain to the Research Study Coordinator what had happened. I felt like a kid with a the-dog-ate-my-homework line. This is the primary meter I'd tested with, it had 3 weeks of data on it. Missing 3 weeks of data on a test subject does not make for a nice, smooth graph.

I couldn't call, I emailed her. If I get kicked out of the study... I'd rather read it, not hear it. She's a nice person, but protocal must rule.

Wind chill factor is supposed to get down to -5 tonight. Sweet, Sunny South it ain't.

1 comment:

Scott K. Johnson said...

And the thing is, they probably had NO idea what it was, just though it was valuable in some way. They probably ended up tossing it in the garbage after figuring out that it was not an MP3 player or something.

Bummer.