Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just Another Number





It's just a number.

It does not mean I had a Twinkie gorging party this morning,and forgot to bolus.

It is not a reflection of my moral character.

It does not mean I will die next week.(although,I need to be doing something about it ASAP)

I refuse to feel guilt. I am not a pancreas,& I cannot control the 1,001 factors that influence blood sugar numbers.

I will pick up the syringe,inject,change the set..& continue living this D-life the best that I can.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep! Couldn't have said it better. I can't recount the number of times my mother-in-law has freaked out at seeing a number like that. It happens, life happens, Diabetes is part of our life. :)

Unknown said...

Why is it so hard for me to get past that guilt? I hate that.

Great post Heidi, great reminder, and I love the label/sticker on the meter. :-)

Bernard Farrell said...

You're completely right. I've been having a string on bad night-time numbers, it's hard to deal with because of feeling rotten due to the high BG and then all the emotions associated with a high.

Use it as best you can and move on. I hope you can figure out what's causing them.