Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Random Bits of Double Up Arrows

Technology woes: I has them. On several fronts.

You know how most of the US is finallllllly getting to transition to the new Omnipods? (after being promised this since like, February. I'm not kidding.) Well, I'd estimate that 95% of my podding friends already have theirs. Strange silence for me, still. I have been ordering pods on a month-to-month basis because I didn't want to get stuck with 3 months worth of old pods that don't work with the new system. I get them directly from Insulet. Rumor has it that on the next "reorder" they will send you the new system/pods. I have not ordered in the traditional manner,& have somehow slipped through their (emailing)cracks. However, since they finally have approved me to get the new system(per over the phone), I was game to get a 90 day supply.

Not so fast. This,apparently, has to be approved by my insurance company like everything else. Why they wouldn't approve this when they already approve of the old pod system is beyond me. Then again,they will probably have to pay for the PDM (as well as the partial pod cost) and who knows how that will go down. The Insulet rep suggested I call & bug them,to expedite the process. Insulet isn't exactly helping the process along. It will probably be another week before I get approval/new system in my hands, which means its back to my Ping system for me.(on the last pod) Sigh.

And in other news, my phone is currently bricked...as I was attempting to install/jailbreak to Cydia. Then I tried to reinstall my phone stuff, and couldn't do that because my Mac operating system(Lion?) needed a major (lengthy) update. I know not of what I do, which is why it takes me 3x longer then it would take anyone else. My phone is long out of warranty with Apple(it's an iPhone 4), but I just can't bring myself to get another one/sell this one until something majorly mind-blowing comes out or this phone dies.(in case you were thinking I deserve to get bricked, for jail breaking) I jailbreaked once before,successfully. Jailbreaked phones are just sooooo cool,you get a ton more options/programs that Apple doesn't give you.

Endo appt on Friday. I could very well get my first double-digit a1c since post-dx, things have been that horrid on the bg front. I know I need to go back to the educator and really work on the overnights. However, don't expect any sort of consistency on the shot/pod/tubed pump method because I have to use whatever works or whatever I can get my hands on. I've also had some pain issues (cyst) for the past month,so there is always a reason for these things. It cannot stop there though, it's so easy to say "this is how it is and I'm going to wallow in it." People who live to 100 don't have that attitude. Gotta fix it.

My MIL comes today...so it's off to finish cleaning the house!

 

3 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Oh no! I can't imagine you without your beloved iPhone! Hope you can get it up and running without too much trouble.

Colleen said...

You've had a lot going on. Don't sweat the A1c - tomorrow (or Saturday :) ) is another day.
Hugs...

type 2 diabetes said...

I would love to download this and give it a try. It looks really interesting and I think i will learn a lot from it.