Wednesday, July 14, 2010

FFL: One Eye at a Time



The left eye. Pipelined from the aorta, it is an important indicator of A.heart health and B.the beginnings of an d-related eye problems,they will start here.(generally)

One of the great things about FFL, every year they have an ophthalmology team that does eye screenings everyone with diabetes. Grandparent to child, they don't care..they just want the word to get out there & you to show up. You fill out a questionairre, they do a bp/pulse screening, and take pictures of your eyes with a high-res camera.(without eye dilation drops) It doesn't substitute regular eye dilutions, but its something you can take to your ophthalmologist should something pop up. This was my second year going, so I was somewhat anxious to see what, if anything,had changed from last year when they said I had minor deposits on my right eye lens. This is common enough on artificial lenses, but still not something I wanted to madly spread/cloud the vision/require YAG laser to burn a hole though. Fortuantly for me,it hasn't spread, and both retinas look happy & healthy.(knock on wood)If you're there next year..definatly schedule an appt.,eye health is something every PWD needs to take seriously.

3 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

It's always a relief to get a report that things are stable on the eye front :)

Federal Firearms License Requirements said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.dis

Federal Firearms License said...

Hi,

The purpose of the NFA was to regulate what were considered "gangster weapons" such as machine guns and hand grenades. Thanks for sharing the your informative post.