Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Notes from a Spinning Planet: Delaware (& Beyond)

A couple of weekends ago, I took a trip. It was really fun.. though quite torturous at times, as it was prime time yard sale weekend + I couldn't stop. (I stopped anyway, at about 4 out of 100+ that I drove by) I should have started earlier, so I could stop at more of them. Anyway, I did acquire a very nice croquet set for just $2... so it was worth stopping.



(you've read Allison's account of it..so I won't bore you with the details, but boy, it was fun!!) I really need to get a pair of sunglasses, but I don't spend much time outside. Hence the squinting.

A couple of days before the trip, I took my car in to get the air conditioning checked, they filled it up & checked for leaks. No way would have I survived the trip WITHOUT it, my car is like an oven. Well, a week later it had ceased to work (again). Took it in again..and evaporator or something is cracked. They'll have to take out the dashboard(an all day job) to replace it, at a total cost of $772.08. (plus tax)

Agggggggh my first car cost less then that! I've never, ever, EVER had a car bill like this, even with things overheating + smoking up a storm. Just WOW. I'm still in shock.. of course, its not imparitive that I replace it but the likelihood of surviving a summer without doing it isn't very high. No more road trips, till I can get this fixed.

No comments: