Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dblog Week: Hero (II)




Once upon a morning dreary
As I woke up, dragging wearily
Diet Coke was there-for me
And life was all that it should be.

It's not easy having D
Even worse to live with me
Diabetes ups and downs
Tic Tacs,wrappers, Almond Mounds.

Have I ever said that you're my hero?
Crazy, crazy, stupid lows
The one whose arms still hold me tight
Through my blurry, shaky sight.

Bills that stack upon the chair
Frequent doctors, frequent care
There is no break, there is no cure
The way things are, is how they were.

Truly on this ride called life
The highs and lows, the joys and strife
Interwoven with disease
Nothing really comes with ease.

To my wonderful type 3
I pledge to (try to) keep my a1c
Against it's bad effects assuaged
Well preserved,into old age.

Have I ever said that you're my hero
The only one who loves me so
You're everything sweet at 60 mg/dl
As I'm scarfing sugar pills.

(to the hero's in your life...make sure you appreciate them!)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Love it!
Can't even tell you had a cranky baby while writing...