Thursday, October 01, 2009
3X Thursday: A Meme About... Stuff
(found this over at The Daily Meme..and as I'm incredibly bad at not mentioning That Which Shall Not be Named today, I needed a meme to keep my post on track)
1. Do you have a job? What is it? I'm a student.
2. If you don’t have a job, why not? Are you looking for one? What are you looking to do? If you do, do you *like* your job? like I said, I'm a student. And soon I'll make the leap to "nursing student",look for a degree by the time I'm 50.
3. What do you think of the job market in this country at the moment? Do you think it’ll continue to get worse before it gets better, or have we already seen the worst? it sucks. I hope it gets better,too many people are struggling but I'll believe it when I see it.
Pick 3 TV shows you love, and tell us why. If you don’t watch TV, pick 3 movies.
1. Grays Anatomy. I love it because its pretty believable, medically speaking,and the non-stop romance doesn't feel like General Hospital..its not sickening.
2. TLC's "What Not to Wear." I always feel better about my clothing choices after viewing the abysmal choices of others.
3. Discovery Health's "18 Kids and Counting." Ot reminds me of my childhood,and memories of growing up in a large family.(but not THAT large)
1. When you’re stressed out and you need comfort food, what’s your favorite? Why?
Chocolate. It releases serotonin, to soothe me.
2. What are your top 3 favorite comfort foods?
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies
2. Chips and Dip
3. Speaking of comfort foods, are you a sugar fiend? What’s your sugar food/candy/food of choice? If you’re not into sugar, what’s your vice that you just can’t avoid? Oh heck, yes. I cannot live without my seasonal sugar rush..candy corn/cider in the fall,peeps/chocolate bunnies in the spring,cotton candy/marshmallow smores in the summer, eggnog in the winter. Smarties, year round.
1. How organized of a person would you describe yourself as being? Not very. Really, really, not very.
2. Are you good at separating how organized you are from how organized (or disorganized) someone else is? Why/why not? Yes. It's always easier to figure someone else's life out then it is your own.
3. Which do you think is better: being organized or being messy? Why? Being Organized. The few times that I have been, it's been nice, being able to find things you're looking for.
1. Do you use Facebook? Why/why not? Do you like it? Why/why not? yep. It's the only way to connect, with some people.
2. Do you use Twitter? Why/why not? Do you find it useful? Why/why not? Yes. EVERY DAY, I'M ADDICTED TO TWITTER. I can annoy the world with my senseless updates.
3. Do you do (or have you ever done) any other type of social networking thing? If so, what? If not, why not? Tu(X) Which I don't get on much.
1. Did you get any type of vacation in this summer? If so, what did you do? If not, why not? Yep, several days in California, a few days in Florida, and 2 weeks overseas touring Denmark/England.
2. If you could take the summer off (Say, June 1 – September 1), what would you do with that time? I'd volunteer at a camp for children with special needs.
3. Is there anything resembling a ’summer vacation’ anymore? Why/why not? No, life is too busy.
1. Where do you live? Do you like it there? Why/why not? The East Coast-near water. I'm not getting too specific here.
2. What kind of people make up where you live? What kind of jobs are most prevalent?
3. Are there any unique, “must see’ sites where you live? DC. Annapolis.(the Naval Acadamy) Baltimore, the inner Harbor.
Name and describe 3 things that motivate you in general. Why do they motivate you?
Name and describe 3 technology-related things you do everyday, and why they’re important.
1. Use my iphone
2. Use my medical devices(keeps me alive)
3. Use my computer
1. Did you watch cartoons as a kid? If so, which ones? If not, why not?
Speedy Gonzales, Wily Coyote, etc.
2. Do you watch cartoons as an adult? If so, which ones? if not, why not?
Rarely. Sometimes we'll watch the Simpsons.
3. If you have kids, do you let them watch cartoons? Wy/why not? If you don’t have kids, would you let them watch cartoons? Why/why not? No kids. I would let them watch some pre-approved cartoons.(the ones that aren't totally inane)
1. Was Michael Jackson’s death a surprise to you? Why/why not? No, when you're a celebrity you've got twice as much pressure/stress to keep it all together, and the temptation to turn to alcohol/drugs/etc. can be overwhelming. I am not surprised to hear of any celebrity's death by drugs.
2. Are you/were you a Michael Jackson fan? Why/why not? If you are/were, when did you start listening to his music? If you quit, why did you quit? If you never liked him in the first place, is there a reason? No, it's not the sort of music I listened to, growing up.
3. Do you think any *good* came from Michael Jackson’s death? If so, what? If not, why not? maybe it helped someone wake up and get serious about their own health..50 is not that old. Drugs can kill you, at any age.(and people have heart attacks with drugs all the time)
1. Do you collect anything? If so, what? If not, why not? Pins from places I've been, Red Cross memorabilia, stamped pennies. Old "that-which-shall-not-be-named" magazines.
2. Is there anything you’d like to start collecting? If so, what? Banana Peel stickers. Which may sound odd, but I've always wanted too.
3. What collections of things that people have accumulated over the years do you like the most? Why? old coins, old stamps, doll collections.
1. What’s the weather like today? Describe it. Overcast, with a 101% chance of rain. Low 50's, and chilly. Fairly typical, for this part of the US.
2. Did you/are you going to do anything productive (sure, it’s relative) today? What did you/are you up to? Absolutely, but I haven't figured out what yet.
3. Do you need to make some phone calls or send some emails to people that you haven’t heard from lately? If so, who? Here’s your reminder to do it!
Yep-don't we all!