Sunday, December 09, 2007

My Wild Spending Spree

Most intelligent action of day:


Yanking out my 6 hour old sensor.($60, down the drain) I was so mad at myself, especially since the last sensor lasted 13 days.


Second most intelligent action of the day:


Yanking out my 4 hour old infusion set.($12, down the drain)


I am sooooo clumsy. Time to lather up in superglue. Leg sites tend to be a more of a problem then abdominal sites, in this regard...but I never thought that they wouldn't even last a day.(they were in differant legs)I don't think I trust myself with another sensor tonight.

1 comment:

Caro said...

You'll probably say something like 'eew...gross' or 'OMG, you did what?' but two times I've accidentally pulled out sensors I've just pushed them right back in the hole they came out of and taped them down again! They were "clean" in so far as they didn't touch anything. I guess it probably isn't good for the tissue to push it back in blindly, but it was an instinctive reaction!

I don't do that with infusion sets, mind you!