Monday, December 19, 2005

Poetry- the language of the soul

I love poetry, I love writing poetry, and unless its funny, I don't like reading other people's poetry. 'Nuff said. (The below is mostly mine-several lines were used from Glick and Phillips- set to the classic poem...)
Some people think a women's made of grit, mud and bone
My PPO thinks I'm made of money and blood
Money and blood, all of it showin'
To get sick now, you've got to take out a loan.

Refrain: You get sixteen tests, and what do you get
A prescription, a pill, an antibiotic
Saint Peter, don't you bother me cuz I can't go
I need prior approval from my PPO.

Well, I went to the doc cuz I felt kinda sick
He turned dead white and moved mighty quick
He read me like a book, and I couldn't tell a lie
I got the nagging feeling he was former FBI.

Four hours later, an IV in tow
I was lying in the hospital a coughin' up dough
I thought- this is service, I've not seen the like
Since I busted my head on a barbed wire spike.

Well, my family started right into crying
So convinced were they, that I was a- dying
I said, Dry up- I'm not dead yet
First I gotta buy insurance a nice, hot new jet.

Refrain: You get sixteen tests, and a loud run around
A shriek in the halls- a most disconcerting sound
Saint Peter, don't you you call me, cuz I'm otherwised engaged
I haven't seen a doctor yet cuz he's being paged.

I got me dx'd, with type 1 DM
I heard it from the intern- and I didn't like him!
He said- Cheer up, we'll take care of you
Cuz you still have a pulse, and you aren't turning blue.

Hospital sent out the lovely copay
And it really, really, went and made my parent's day
It was rough for them, even more then me
Cuz they got the bill- and I just got D!

I grew up, and the shots and blood pokes
Were all up to me, and not to my folks
I grew up, I wish I were still young
The older I get- the more I get strung.(for money)

Refrain:You get sixteen tests, and a needle to the gut
And you'd better just keep that old yapper shut
Its a high cost trip back to your Maker
First you pay the doctor, and then the undertaker.

Now they pour drops in your eyes, and tickle your feet
And ask a ton of idiot things I'll not repeat
I don't have the money to pay my rent
Cuz I done paid insurance my very last cent.

They save your life, to die a slow death
And your kith and your kin, on the grave hang a wreath
But Saint Peter, when you call me, and I do go
I'll have had my day, and had something to show.

Ok-depressing, I know. (if you were offended by it, I apologize) Made me feel better to write it, though...

The diabetes- and LL Lambo(Jr) (my loaner pump, a long story) both behaved today.160, 210,60,120, 140. Worked like a dog (at work), hence the low- I'm amazed I didn't get any more lows. My pump set is only two days old (I usually leave them in at least five), but the Tegaderm is peeling off already- and the shower tonight will make toast of it.
Tomarrow- A fun day at the hospital!!!!!!!(yeah,right..)

6 comments:

Keith said...

Heidi,

Good poem! Also sounds alot like the song Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford (before my time but I still like the song).

Take care of yourself and don't get discouraged, I've had Big D 37 years and I'm in good shape, so I know it can be done!

type1emt said...

Thanks, Keith. Needed some of that- you longtimers are an inspiration.

toxic mold symptoms said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
symptoms of mold exposure said...

companies marketing mineral makeups and also get the best bargains in mineral makeup you can imagine,
find aout how to consolidate your students loans or just how to lower your acual rates.,
looking for breast enlargements? in Rochester,
homeopathy for eczema learn about it.,
Allergies, information about lipitor,
save big with great bargains in mineral makeup,

change edition interviewing motivational people preparing second
,

interviewing motivational people preparing second time
,

interviewing people motivational preparing for a second time
,

black mold exposure
,

black mold exposure symptoms
,

black mold symptoms of exposure
,

free job interview questions
,

free job interview answers
,

interview answers to get a job
,

lookfor hair styles for fine thin hair
,

search hair styles for fine thin hair
,

hair styles for fine thin hair
,

beach resort in the philippines
,

great beach resort in the philippines
,

luxury beach resort in the philippines
,
iron garden gates, here,
iron garden gates,
wrought iron garden gates
, here
,
wrought iron garden gates
,
You: The Owner's Manual: An Insider's Guide to the Body That Will Make You Healthier and Younger
,
answer from more much,
eat eating mindless more than think we we why
,
la times classified,
new york times classified


texturizer,
texturizers here,
black hair texturizer,
find aout how care curly hair,
find about how to care curly hair,
care curly hair,
lipitor rash,
lipitor reactions,
new house ventura california,
the house new houston tx,
new house washington dc,
new house washington dc,
new house ventura california,
the house new houston tx,
the house new houston tx, that you ar looking for,
new house ventura california, you need to buy,
new house washington dc,

hair surgery transplant
,

air filter allergy
,

refurbished dell laptop computers
,

hair surgery transplant
,

air filter allergy
,

refurbished dell laptop computers
,

hair surgery transplant
,

air filter allergy
,

refurbished dell laptop computers
,

chocolate esophagus heartburn study
,

chocolate esophagus heartburn study
be informed,

digestion healing healthy heartburn natural preventing way
,

digestion healing healthy heartburn natural preventing way
,


Allergies, lipitor rash,
alcohol rash,
lipitor and alcohol,
lipitor alcohol,

natural remedies to aid healing of esophagus
,

chicory heartburn
,

effectiveness of zocor vs. lipitor
,

chocolate esophagus
,
southwestern wrought iron yard gate,
exterior iron gates,
oriental wrought iron gates,
powder coated iron garden fencing,

iron garden gates said...

black mold exposureblack mold symptoms of exposurewrought iron garden gatesiron garden gates find them herefine thin hair hairstylessearch hair styles for fine thin hairnight vision binocularsbuy night vision binocularslipitor reactionslipitor allergic reactionsluxury beach resort in the philippines

afordable beach resorts in the philippineshomeopathy for eczema.baby eczema.save big with great mineral makeup bargainsmineral makeup wholesalersprodam iphone Apple prodam iphone prahacect iphone manualmanual for P 168 iphonefero 52 binocularsnight vision Fero 52 binocularsThe best night vision binoculars here

night vision binoculars bargainsfree photo albums computer programsfree software to make photo albumsfree tax formsprintable tax forms for free craftmatic air bedcraftmatic air bed adjustable info hereboyd air bedboyd night air bed lowest pricefind air beds in wisconsinbest air beds in wisconsincloud air beds

best cloud inflatable air bedssealy air beds portableportables air bedsrv luggage racksaluminum made rv luggage racksair bed raisedbest form raised air bedsaircraft support equipmentsbest support equipments for aircraftsbed air informercialsbest informercials bed airmattress sized air beds

bestair bed mattress antique doorknobsantique doorknob identification tipsdvd player troubleshootingtroubleshooting with the dvd playerflat panel television lcd vs plasmaflat panel lcd television versus plasma pic the bestThe causes of economic recessionwhat are the causes of economic recessionadjustable bed air foam The best bed air foam

hoof prints antique equestrian printsantique hoof prints equestrian printsBuy air bedadjustablebuy the best adjustable air bedsair beds canadian storesCanadian stores for air beds

Anonymous said...

^^ nice blog!! ^@^

徵信, 徵信網, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社, 感情挽回, 婚姻挽回, 挽回婚姻, 挽回感情, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信, 捉姦, 徵信公司, 通姦, 通姦罪, 抓姦, 抓猴, 捉猴, 捉姦, 監聽, 調查跟蹤, 反跟蹤, 外遇問題, 徵信, 捉姦, 女人徵信, 女子徵信, 外遇問題, 女子徵信, 徵信社, 外遇, 徵信公司, 徵信網, 外遇蒐證, 抓姦, 抓猴, 捉猴, 調查跟蹤, 反跟蹤, 感情挽回, 挽回感情, 婚姻挽回, 挽回婚姻, 外遇沖開, 抓姦, 女子徵信, 外遇蒐證, 外遇, 通姦, 通姦罪, 贍養費, 徵信, 徵信社, 抓姦, 徵信, 徵信公司, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信公司, 徵信社, 徵信公司, 女人徵信, 外遇

徵信, 徵信網, 徵信社, 徵信網, 外遇, 徵信, 徵信社, 抓姦, 徵信, 女人徵信, 徵信社, 女人徵信社, 外遇, 抓姦, 徵信公司, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社, 女人徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 女子徵信社, 女子徵信社, 女子徵信社, 女子徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信,

徵信, 徵信社,徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 外遇, 抓姦, 離婚, 外遇,離婚,

徵信社,外遇, 離婚, 外遇, 抓姦, 徵信, 外遇, 徵信,外遇, 抓姦, 征信, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信,徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信, 外遇, 抓姦, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社,徵信,徵信,